Saturday 23 May 2020

Welcome

Welcome to "Is it a monster?".

What is this blog about?

This blog is my first foray into putting my ideas and thoughts on my favorite games on the internet for posterity.

In this blog I will catalogue my work in designing (or converting) monsters, artifacts and encounters for the Fria Ligan produced Forbidden Lands RPG.  That is my intent as I start this blog anyway, although I will likely also write entries about other games and maybe also share some of my thoughts on game-design and how to be a GM.

As this blog is about monsters, a good place to start is the Classic Monster conversions -  New, Old, Monsters for Forbidden Lands.

Who are you then?

Well, my name is Craig Atkins (often known as lupex on Reddit and other forums), and I am a 46 year old gamer.  I have been roleplaying for about 35 years, playing various games from AD&D to start, to modern games such as Alien RPG. I am currently running Forbidden Lands as my normal game and Mutant: Year Zero during lockdown. 

During this time I have mainly been a GM, and my passion has been to run all iterations of the Star Wars RPG.  I like to build living worlds, where stuff happens regardless of the actions of the players but then whatever actions the players do perform have consequences.  I rarely design adventures from scratch, preferring to use published adventures and locations that are adapted to fit the story, I also like to combine different adventures to ramp up the tension and to give players lots of options but not enough time to complete everything.

If you want to know more about me have a look at my profile.

What is your favorite RPG?

At the moment I spend most of my time engrossed in anything by Fria Ligan, particularly Forbidden Lands, hence my background picture - 


What are you famous for?

Not sure I am famous for anything really, but I am pretty active on the Forbidden Lands FB group, and forum and I participate in various other forums.  I am currently working on a Forbidden Lands version of the Bestiary for the Trilemma Adventures Compendium.  




This came about due to someone on the Forbidden Lands facebook page asking for contributors to work on this project.  I volunteered and made contact with Michael Prescott from Trilemma Adventures to see if this was something he would be interested in allowing.  He was happy for this work to happen, and contacted Tomas at Fria Ligan to get agreement.  Due to a number of things the original poster dropped out and I was left to move this project forward, so after gathering some additional contributors that is what we did. I written some more details about this here - Trilemma Adventures Bestiary.

The Trilemma Adventure Compendium can be purchased here - Trilemma-Adventures-Compendium-Volume-I

That's enough about me for now.  Over the next few weeks and months I will post up conversions of classic creatures and hopefully have some previews of the upcoming book.

Please leave comments below if there is anything you would like me to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for feedback, or ideas to add to the blog.

SANDPUFFER (from The Halls Untoward)

All Monster Names and Descriptions are taken from  The Halls Untoward  by Michael Prescott et. al. which is licensed under the  Creative Com...